Call for Papers (Download a PDF flyer)
The goal of the conference is to present high-quality results in the field, and to provide a framework for research collaboration through focused discussions that will designate future research efforts and directions. In this context, the program committee will accept only a limited number of papers that meet the criteria of originality, presentation quality and topic relevance. WWIC is a single-track conference which has reached, within 5 years, the highest level of quality, which is reflected both in the level of participation as well as the acceptance ratio and the amount and quality of submitted papers.
The conference objectives will be pursued through highly technical sessions organized thematically and keynote talks offered by recognized experts. Topics of interest to WWIC 2010 include (but are not limited to) the following:
- AAA in mobile environments
- Ambient networks
- Ad-hoc mobile networks
- Blended network configurations
- Beyond 3G networks technologies
- Cross layer interactions
- Economical issues of wireless networks
- End-to-end Quality of Service support
- Handover techniques
- Heterogeneous wireless access networks
- Hybrid wired / wireless environments
- Integration of wired and wireless networks
- Mobile service level agreements / specification
- Mobility management
- Network design and network planning
- Network mobility
- Network coding in mobile networks
- Network security in mobile environments
- Performance evaluation of wireless systems
- Pricing, charging and accounting in wireless networks
- QoS routing in mobile networks
- QoS signalling in mobile environments
- Resource management and admission control
- Service creation and management for wireless
- Simulation for next generation mobile networks
- Traffic characterisation and modelling
- Traffic engineering
- Transport protocols and congestion control
- Wireless mesh networks
- Wireless multi-hop networks
- Wireless multimedia systems
- Wireless network monitoring
- Wireless sensor networks
The authors are encouraged to submit full papers describing original, previously unpublished, complete research, not currently under review by another conference or journal, addressing state-of-the-art research and development in all areas of computer networking and data communications.
All papers will be reviewed and accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings, published by Springer-Verlag in the LNCS series . Papers must be submitted electronically in the conference site. The maximum size of papers should be 5000 words including tables and figures. Please adhere to the formatting standard for a 12-page manuscript of Springer-Verlag LNCS. The cover page must contain an abstract of about 150 words, 3-5 keywords, name and affiliation of author(s) as well as the corresponding author's e-mail and postal address.
There will be a Best Paper Award.
Professor Henning Schulzrinne, Department of Computer Science and Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University.
Professor Mario Gerla, Computer Science Department, UCLA.
Workshops4th ERCIM eMobility Workshop
May 31, 2010 - Luleå, Sweden
Progress in computing and (wireless) communication technologies allow mobile users to permanently communicate with other persons or to use services and applications that might even have been designed for mobile users. Mobile Applications and services require technical solutions on various levels such as wireless network technologies, communication architectures and protocols supporting mobility of users and devices, middleware to support security and flexibility, as well as applications that are adaptive and context sensitive, although or because mobile devices have usually limited resources. The target of the workshop is to discuss issues and problems related to future applications and services based on mobile and wireless technologies.
Submission deadline:.............. January 31, 2010
Notification of acceptance:..... March 9, 2010
Camera ready papers:...............March 23, 2010